PDG Grant Funding
Pupil Development Grant (PDG) 2020-2021 Overview
The total number of pupils on school roll in September 2020 was 155.
The school’s free school meal population is 29.6%. The Welsh Government allocates a grant to help support the education of eligible children in schools. The grant is called The Pupil Development Grant. The total allocation of PDG to this school for April 2020 to March 2021 is £33,350.
The school undertakes the following activities in order to support pupils facing the challenges of poverty and deprivation.
- Reading Intervention Support in both Foundation Phase and Key Stage 2
- Literacy Intervention in Foundation Phase and KS2
- Numeracy Intervention in Foundation Phase and KS2
- The provision of wellbeing programmes e.g. ELSA to support our children in all aspects of their health and wellbeing.
- Offering enriched educational activities to promote engagement in learning.
The school’s PDG, EIG and EYPDG plans are regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body supported by advice from the EAS and monitored by the Local Authority.